Monday, 25 June 2012

Update!

Where did the last 6 months go? I cannot believe that it was January when I last wrote on  my blog. Sorry folks. Guess it is time for an update.
If you spot a lot of extra "spaces" in between the words  -  this is thanks to my laptop - it hasn't fully recovered from a fall a little while back. I probably could have predicted that  when the kids almost took over my laptop. Well, at least now I have it all to myself again.
 
Not much has happened in designing jewellery. I have started working and still study at TAFE and that does not leave a lot of time for my jewellery. I have managed to finish a couple of orders and that is about it.
At TAFE, I of course spend all my time learning amazing new techniques and skills for  jewellery making and designing. So I thought I would share a bit of that with you.

This is a wax carving for a ring. Some of my fellow students made some amazing intricate carvings. I tried to keep it more simple to be able to finish it on time.   







Probably a little hard to see the details, but this is the wax carving (along with other rings) after it has been cast. Now there is just the cleaning of the ring to do when I return next term.





And this is from my drawing lessons at TAFE. We  had to make a design with a boulder opal.       














All from here. Hope you all have a fantastic and creative week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment